Sunday, 25 September 2011

Sale Bargains, London Fashion Week and buying those Winter Boots!




I have picked up two fantastic bargains from Birdy's Boutique, a fabulous little stop for fashion fixes, they have now moved to the high street from their previous Corporation St location, where they are having a sale featuring their summer stock. I picked up two dresses at £5 each, which could be kept for next year, or layered with a fur gilet, patterned tights and heels to give a quirky take on the autumn trends. The photo shows one of those dresses which had beautiful lace detailing, and back bow detail.


London Fashion Week showcased Mary Katrantzou's Spring Summer 2012 collection, which had an eclectic patterned appeal: revealing Mary's shrewd talent for creating memorable graphic influenced designs. Giles Deacon, a winner of the 'The Best New Fashion Designer' by the British Fashion awards in 2006, revealed a collection that was influenced by a mix of an exhibition catalogue and the Slimbridge Wildfowl and Wetlands trust. Visit http://www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/ for more tasty nougats of fashion inspiration.


Finally I have given in to the fact that the weather is getting colder and I will actually have to take my very comfortable, laidback chic leather sandals off and put them back in the wardrobe. I have two pairs of black boots, but to be completely honest they don't provide the comfort my long and quite wide feet yearn for. After trekking through the fab online sites such as Asos, I took a trip down the high street and found some comfortable but stylish black boots from River Island at £40, all I need is a pair of leg warmers and gloves and I'm ready for any unexpected snowy down falls.


by Samantha Barker


(Your Regular Fashionista Contributer)

1 comment:

  1. Love that dress! will pop down to see the new store.

    ReplyDelete